Lee’s Summit is the perfect getaway and offers a variety of attractions, shopping and special events. We are happy to make tailored recommendations for your stay as well as reservations on your behalf! The Historic Browning is located just 2 blocks away from Downtown Lee's Summit.
Check out all the area has to offer
Owner’s Personal Favorites:
- 3rd Street Social: Andy Lock has a passion for restaurant concepts that any foodie would put at the top of their list. 3rd Street Social has chef driven menus with local favorites like Shrimp & Grits, Truffled Grilled Cheese and Fried Chicken like you’ve never tasted before. Liesl gets the Shrimp and Grits every time and promises you won’t be disappointed. This is the perfect spot for special occasion dining. We highly recommend reservations as this venue fills up fast.
- Main Slice Pies & Pints: Enjoy delicious homemade pies and a local Kansas City beer (Boulevard, KC Bier Co) at Main Slice Pies and Pints. Don’t forget to order the 3rd and Hummus Trio for your appetizer and the Main Street Pie is always a winner! Main Slice is perfect for a casual dining environment and the kiddos love it too!
- Frankie Fairlanes: For fastish food that uses fresh local ingredients for every type of eater-Frankie Fairlanes is the place to be! From amazing tacos that Liesl loves (try Apple Pecan & Chipotle) to burgers that make Harlen happy (Smokey KC)-this is the perfect casual lunch stop!
- Neighborhood Cafe: Cinnamon rolls. Really-need we say more? Neighborhood Cafe always greets you with fresh homemade cinnamon rolls right at your table before you order. A Denver Omelette is Liesl’s favorite and Harlen always orders the Breakfast Burrito. The kiddos share a stack of pancakes and everybody leaves happy.
- Sabor Latino: Sabor Latino has authentic Latin American food that will delight & surprise you. Make sure you check out their tamales (they're a crowd fav).
- Grains and Taps: Liesl and Harlen love a good beer. Grains and Taps is truly the place to visit if you love craft beer (no Bud Light here). Weathered Wit and Block IPA (both Cinder Block Brewery) are their favorites.
- Llywelyn’s Pub : This was one of the only places Harlen and Liesl could find every pumpkin beer on tap they could imagine last fall. This pub is truly a beer lover’s dream with over 40 beers on tap. Oh they serve food too. Make sure you order the Spin Dip as an appetizer.
- Hand in Glove: Hand in Glove is a coffee shop/cocktail bar hybrid. Enjoy their incredible coffee options in the morning (alcoholic options too) or their cocktails in the evening. This is a must-see in downtown.
- Red Door Wine Store: f you’re looking for one-of-a-kind wines, spirits and craft beers in the Lee’s Summit area, you are in the right place my friend. The Red Door Wine Store opened its doors in 2010 as a simple retail boutique wine store. Since then there have been some changes, all for the better. They operate as a retail shop, and a bar. You can purchase product to go, or enjoy wine, beer, spirits by the glass.
- The W Bar: Designed and inspired by the 1920’s speakeasies, the W Bar has thought through every detail. It won’t be easy to find-so you better ask us for directions. The lights are dimmed, you’re asked to “speak easy”, and reservations are required. They make amazing hand-crafted drinks. Liesl once made a special request for a Ramos Gin Fizz. If you ask for it-don’t mention her name. It takes over 14 minutes to make-but is the most amazing drink she’s ever tasted.
- Whistle Stop Coffee: Whistle Stop Coffee is the place where all the locals go. They have exceptional flavored coffee and a breakfast menu that will delight you. Oh-they're open for lunch too.
- Downtown Farmer's Market: Just a few blocks from the Browning, you can visit our downtown Farmer's Market. The market is open on Wednesdays & Saturdays during select seasons.
- Poppy's Ice Cream: If you're looking for a sweet treat, Poppy's Ice Cream should be your first stop. Poppy's has artesian ice cream flavors and sorbet.
- Third Street Social: Can you say in-house pastry chef? If you are craving a homemade culinary delight, look no further than Third Street Social. I recommend the apple pie. Make sure you told them we sent you.
- A Thyme for Everything: You can purchase local Christopher Elbow Chocolates in a Thyme for Everything. These delicious artesian chocolates will satiate your sweet tooth.
Shopping & Experiences
- Anchora Bella Boutique: Anchora Bella Boutique has incredible clothing, jewelry and accessories. This upscale clothing boutique has something for everyone.
- Cameron’s Home Furnishings: If you love the décor at our vacation rental-this is a must stop for you! Cameron’s has home furnishings and decorations for every season and customer service that is unmatched!
- Elle & Em Boutique: Are you looking for a unique outfit that matches your style and personality? Elle & Em boutique specializes in finding just the look for you.
- Embers Candle Bar: Are you looking for a evening out with the girls? Embers candle bar is the perfect spot to create your very own scented candle. You heard me right! Their team will help you create your own custom candle and leave with a scent that is truly unique.
- Ivy & Sparrow: Make sure you check out this stylish boutique connected to Very Violet Boutique. It has stunning decor that will brighten any room.
- The Local Foundery: Looking for a quirky local gift to take back home with you? The Local Foundery has t-shirts, candles and a variety of local goods to remember your trip.
- A Thyme for Everything: This is every cook’s dream store; which is why Liesl loves it so much. From every cooking utensil you can imagine, to aprons and tea towels-this store is every foodie’s dream. Did we mention you can sign up for cooking classes hosted by chefs!?! Tell the owners Marilyn and Jennifer we sent you!
- Very Violet Boutique: If you love the decor at our vacation rental-this is a must stop for you! Very Violet Boutique supported the professional design of our space. They have beautiful locally sourced pieces that are inspired by the Farmhouse Style (think Chip & Joanna Gaines).